Public Sector Partner
- As the largest metropolitan area in the State of Florida, Miami-Dade County is often referred to as the "Gateway to Latin America and the Caribbean." Our community is located along the southeast tip of the Florida peninsula. It is bounded by Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean to the east, Everglades National Park to the west, the Florida Keys to the south, and Broward County to the North.
Governed by an Executive Mayor and 13 commissioners elected from single-member districts, the day-to-day operations of the government are overseen by the Executive Mayor. More than one million people live in the unincorporated area of the county, with the rest of the population residing in municipalities. The total population of the 35 municipalities in 2003 was approximately 1,217,896. The City of Miami is the largest municipality, followed by Hialeah, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami and Coral Gables. With a population of more than one million, our unincorporated area, if declared a city, would form the largest in Florida and one of the largest in the nation.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
The Division of Consumer Services is the state's clearinghouse for consumer complaints, protection and information. The Division has responsibility for regulating various business industries operating in Florida and conducts investigations of unfair and deceptive trade practices.
Miami Parking Authority
Miami Parking Authority, officially known as the Department of Off-Street Parking of the City of Miami, was created in 1955 by a Special Act of the Florida State Legislature and incorporated into the City of Miami's Charter in 1968. MPA manages and develops on- and off-street parking in the City of Miami. It shares responsibility with the City of Miami Police Department and Miami-Dade County for enforcement of parking regulations. MPA is a self-sustaining agency managed by parking industry professionals and financed by parking revenues. Funds not used by operations are returned to the City of Miami, and all ticket citation revenues are payable directly to Miami-Dade County.
Economic Development Partners
Miami-Dade Office of Community and Economic Development
- The Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development (PHCD) administers Federal and State funding that supports the development of viable urban neighborhoods in Miami-Dade County characterized by decent housing, expansion of economic opportunities and the preservation of historic properties.
Miami-Dade Empowerment Trust
- The Miami-Dade Empowerment Trust, Inc., a non-profit organization, was established in February 1999, and delegated the authority to govern, direct and implement the Enterprise Zone Strategic Plan and to create and expand business opportunities in the Enterprise Zone. The premise of the Enterprise Zone program is that conditions of poverty can be overcome and a market economy can be built through new investment in economic opportunities for people. As a result, the activities of the Trust are geared toward developing a strategic vision that lead to creating economic opportunities and build sustainable communities.
Enterprise Communtiy Center
- The Enterprise Community Center (ECC) was created after Miami-Dade County's designation as a Federal Enterprise Community in 1994. The ECC works as an interdependent branch of the Miami-Dade Empowerment Trust, Inc., and continues to be the focal point and nerve center for technical assistance activities in Miami-Dade County. The ECC's concept of one-stop technical and financial assistance to Miami-Dade County small business owners and entrepreneurs is the premise behind all of the banking relationships located at the ECC, and is a strong organizaing force for the direction and investment of capital for new business development in the County.
Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) is the public-private partnership responsible for leading Florida's statewide economic development efforts. The organization's mission is to diversify Florida's economy and create better paying jobs for its citizens by supporting, attracting and helping to create businesses in innovative, high-growth industries.
Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau
- The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is a sales and marketing organization. Its mission is to attract, encourage and induce all persons and organizations to visit Greater Miami and its Beaches for conventions, business and pleasure.
Miami Downtown Development Authority
– The Miami Downtown Development Authority’s mission is to work with and serve government, business, community stakeholders and downtown property owners to advocate, facilitate, plan and execute public/private implementation based on a shared vision and strategy for coordinated action that will strengthen downtown's position as a livable city and regional center for commerce, culture & tourism.
Economic Development Council of South Miami-Dade, Inc.
- Founded in 1992, the Economic Development Council of South Miami-Dade, Inc (EDC) (formerly known as the Perrine-Cutler Ridge Council) is a local not-for-profit economic development corporation encouraging the kind of development that creates a better future for both business and residents. The Council’s primary objective is to support the expansion and retention of existing businesses, to increase the overall economic vitality of our communities, and to attract new, diversified businesses and employment to the area
- Vision Council is a not-for-profit economic development organization serving the southernmost portion of Miami-Dade County in and around the cities of Homestead and Florida City. Their goals are twofold: (1) To attract new industries and businesses to the area, and (2) To encourage the growth and expansion of existing local businesses.
The Broward Alliance
- The mission of The Broward Alliance is to lead Broward County in building a stronger and more diversified economy by promoting increased public/private sector collaboration; delivering business development initiatives focused on new investment and job growth; enhancing the competitiveness of Broward's business climate; and driving regional initiatives.
Business Development Board of Palm Beach County
- The Business Development Board is a private, not-for-profit corporation founded in 1982 as Palm Beach County's official economic development organization. We work to attract and retain business investment through corporate relocations, expansions and international trade; and provide marketing support and business networking services through a paid membership organization that partially funds our economic development services.