Research & Strategic Planning Manager
DEPARTMENT: Research & Strategic Planning
REPORTING TO: Senior VP of Research and Strategic Planning
REPLY TO: HR@beaconcouncil.com
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages and directs research projects, which include the responsibilities of the collection, verification, and reporting of data and information and the completion of reports, presentations and special publication. Training of specialized data programs provided.
- Self-starter; ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven team player
- Must have positive can do attitude about research.
Manages implementation of special projects, including business surveys, economic analysis, database updates, and comparative market research.
- Excellent skills in research methodology, statistics analysis, data references, (and economic impact modeling a plus).
- Good writing, editing and proofreading proficiencies.
Works with high skill level of computer applications
- Strong abilities in Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with existing database and graphics software programs.
- Strong organizational skills with understanding of managing computer filing and archiving system for all data.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Economic modeling experience a plus.
Provides information and presentations internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively convey and articulate data to individual business leaders and groups.
- Community involvement and participation in business related community organizations expected.
- Developed business presentation skills to exhibit a highly professional and informed image.
- Excellent speaking skills with Spanish a plus, but not required.
- 2-3 years of research and database management.
- Strategic planning experience a plus.
- Experience may include research positions in the private or public sectors, colleges and universities with portfolio of past projects.
- Knowledge about Miami-Dade County business community and economy preferred.
GENERAL EDUCATION AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING PROGRAM:
- Bachelor’s or Master in Economics or Business Administration.
- Training in research methodology, statistical analysis, research applications.
- Computer training in Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.