Maria de Pena, MS – President
Length of the program:
What coding languages do you teach?
Code Explorers offers four educational areas which integrate Computer Science and coding/programming::
2D/3D Computing and the Visual Arts programming, 2D/3D Game Design and Programming, Mobile App Development.
Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical, Materials, Mechatronics/Robotics, Structural, Architecture. Computer science integrated with engineering fields: Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM). Additive and subtractive manufacturing such as 3D Printers and CNC.
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT)
IoT interconnects computing devices embedded in everyday physical objects via the networking layer (eg. WIFI) and enables them to send and receive data. Subject areas are: Physical Computing, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Sensors.
- DATA SCIENCE
Computer Science and Visual Arts with Data Science.
What type of skills do students need to have, if any?
The curriculum is developed to enable learning for all creative minds. The majority of programs do not have prerequisites. However, several IoT, Computer Science and Data Science programs have prerequisites..
What is the profile of your students / target market?
Recipients:Youth 4-13 years old
Internships: High School and College level.
Apprenticeships: 18 and older attending technical short programs (i.e. TechHire).
Emphasis is on STEAM students including short apprenticeships.
Is there a cost for your program for students?
Yes for recipients. Price depends on location. Financial assistance is available.
What is unique about your program compared to your peers?
- Internet of Things (IoT) Programs
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Physical computing and Sensors
- Data Science
- 3D Modeling with Programming
- Mobile Application Development
- Integration of Computer Science and Engineering
- CAD/CAM with Additive/Subtractive Manufacturing
Anything else that you would like to share?
- Code Explorers developed and conducted the first Internet of Things (IoT) programs in the USA for youth to learn, experiment, and explore The Fourth Industrial Revolution. IoT will lead to tens of thousands of new jobs.
- Developed and conducted the first Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) programs in the USA for youth.
- Developed the first Preschool Coding programs in the USA for children ages 4-5 yrs old which incorporate language arts, math, reading comprehension and the arts.