Marcelo Claure, CEO of SoftBank Group International, to Keynote
2019 Report to The Community
The Future Of…Work| Talent| Collaboration| Community
See How Miami-Dade Powers Innovation
** Updated 2019 One Community One Goal data to be shared at event.
OCOG Miami Dade County achievements since 2012:
- Helped create 171,855 new jobs in Miami-Dade County
- 67,000 jobs across eight targeted sectors
- Tech sector jobs have grown by 40 percent, from 8,173 in 2012 to 11,440 in 2018
One Community One Goal, The Beacon Council Foundation & Miami-Dade Beacon Council
Keynote Speaker: Marcelo Claure, Chief Executive Officer, SoftBank Group International and Chief Operating Officer, SoftBank Group Corp.
OCOG recently named co-chairs:
- Sheldon Anderson, Board Member of Grove Bank and Trust
- Nitin R. Motwani, Managing Principal of Miami Worldcenter
Additional speakers include:
- Carlos A. Gimenez, Miami-Dade Mayor
- Alberto M. Carvalho, Superintendent of Miami-Dade Public Schools
- Penny Shaffer, Florida Blue Market President and Chair of the Miami Dade Beacon Council
- Rick Beasley, Executive Director of CareerSource Florida
- Michael Finney, CEO of The Miami-Dade Beacon Council
Jungle Island, Bayview Salon, 3rd Floor
1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami FL
Monday, September 16, 2019 at 8:00a.m.
8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Networking and exhibit area
9:30 – 10:45 a.m. Program
**On-site interviews available with Sheldon Anderson, Nitin R. Motwani and Michael Finney**
RSVP and interview requests: firstname.lastname@example.org / 305-323-8846
- Speaker biographies and photos can be found here.
- Recent OCOG Co-Chair announcement can be found here.
- List of Miami-Dade Beacon Council Board of Directors can be found here.
- Official event invitation can be found here.
About One Community One Goal
One Community One Goal is a roadmap for Miami-Dade County’s future economic development success. This initiative provides a collaborative platform that promotes community-wide economic development and prosperity in Miami-Dade County, by driving innovation, leveraging strengths, providing clear thought leadership, and coalescing public and private priorities. One Community One Goal brings together a broad spectrum of Miami-Dade organizations, working to advance the goal of a thriving, inclusive and diverse community.
About the Miami‐Dade Beacon Council
Miami‐Dade Beacon Council is the official economic development organization for Miami‐Dade County. Its mission is to increase jobs and investment through marketing Miami as a world class business destination; helping grow local companies; and shaping Miami’s economic future. Since 1985, the organization has assisted more than 1,000 businesses that have created nearly 70,000 direct jobs and added more than $4.7 billion in new capital investments. A professional staff and volunteer community leaders work to promote Miami as a world‐class 21st century community at the forefront of a changing global economy. For more information: www.beaconcouncil.com.
About the Beacon Council Economic Development Foundation
The Beacon Council Economic Development Foundation, Inc. is a Florida Not for Profit Corporation created exclusively for charitable and educational purposes:
- To compile, prepare, and publish statistical data concerning Miami‐Dade County Florida and make such data available to all segments of the community;
- To lessen the burdens of government;
- To combat community deterioration; and to do all lawful acts incidental to the accomplishment of said charitable and educational purposes. The sole member of the Foundation is The Miami‐Dade Beacon Council, Inc.
For more information on OCOG and to review the OCOG Strategic Plan, go to https://www.beaconcouncil.com/ocog/the‐plan/