Chief Financial Officer & COO
Camela Glean-Jones is a dynamic operational and financial leader with a long list of accomplishments in her 35-year career with a leading economic development organization as well as Fortune 500 and entrepreneurial firms.
Chief Financial Officer and COO for The Miami Dade Beacon Council, Miami-Dade County’s official economic development partnership. In that role, was named a finalist for the South Florida Business Journal Chief Financial Officer Awards, which honor the innovators, strategists, and pioneers in this key sector of the region’s economy. Named a 2020 South Florida Influential Business Woman by the South Florida Business Journal.
- Collaborated in gathering data to support strategic and tactical decision-making by the senior leadership team and board of directors.
- Teamed with the CEO and board of directors on developing and implementing the organization’s wide strategic plan.
- Successfully overhauled the nonprofit’s information technology (IT) infrastructure by implementing automation in all functional areas.
- Managed a $2.8 million build-out and leasehold improvement project for a 16,000-square- foot office space, which came in 14% under budget.
- Successfully streamlined the Human Resources function with technology and negotiated cost-effective benefits packages for 30 positions with a bundling approach resulting in a 15% reduction in renewal rates.
- Rebuilt the nonprofit’s accounting and finance team.
- Implemented best practices in financial reporting and controls while maintaining an entrepreneurial culture.
- Implemented stringent cash control policies, resulting in a $5.8 million reserve fund equivalent to one year of operating resources.
- Successfully managed investment portfolio, generating a 50% increase in interest income with a laddered portfolio approach.
- Achieved unqualified audit opinion for more than 25 years.
- Served on a special committee to streamline Miami Dade County’s Local Business Tax License code classification/categories, resulting in a more efficient process between Miami- Dade County and its municipalities.
- Implemented a business continuity/disaster recovery program for small businesses and nonprofits.
- Assisted in the recruitment effort of Southern Command from the Republic of Panama to Miami-Dade County by managing temporary office space for the leadership team.
- Successfully managed $35 million in a federal, state, and local grant program, a $10 million bridge loan program sanctioned by the State of Florida with a 95% repayment to the state.
- Assisted in the launch of a Hispanic Venture Fund in partnership with other local chambers of commerce.
- Assisted in the launch of the “Rise Fund,” a small business revolving loan fund in partnership with Miami Dade County and Miami Dade County’s Credit Union, resulting from the Federal Government COVID-19 Economic Stimulus and Relief Fund.
Deeply committed to community service, Ms. Glean-Jones currently serves on the Board of Career Source South Florida, the Executive Women’s Leadership Council, History-Miami Board of Trustees. Former board member of Miami Dade County Neat Streets, the American Heart Association, and YWCA. Actively involved with the United Way of Miami and the University of Miami Mentor Program. Served as treasurer for various community organizations.
Ms. Glean-Jones is fluent in English and Spanish and maintains professional affiliations with several organizations.