Website Beacon Council
POSITION: Success Coach/Job Specialist for MCV
DEPARTMENT: Miami Community Ventures (MCV)
REPORTING TO: Vice President and Executive Director MCV
REPLY TO: HR@beaconcouncil.com
The Beacon Council Foundation, a 501(C) 3, is Florida not-for-profit organization and an affiliate of The Beacon Council, a 501(C) 6. The Beacon Council Economic Development Foundation, Inc. is a Florida Not-For-Profit Corporation created exclusively for charitable and educational purposes such as to compile, prepare, and publish statistical data concerning Miami-Dade County Florida and make such data available to all segments of the community; to lessen the burdens of government; to combat community deterioration, and to do all lawful acts incidental to the accomplishment of said charitable and educational purposes.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Program Summary: Miami Community Ventures (MCV) is a collective impact initiative designed to connect low income “structurally unemployed” individuals to living-wage jobs. Hired participants receive wrap-around services for up to a year. These services include assistance with transportation, childcare, legal, career guidance, connections, and any other support needed to ensure they succeed in their job and developing careers. The MCV Success Coach / Job Specialist will spearhead candidate readiness, employer cultivation, and delivery of wrap-around services for hired candidates; in an assigned target audience and geographic area. The MCV program is based on an award-winning model run in Michigan and is open to underserved candidates throughout Miami-Dade County with an emphasis on communities having poverty rates of 20%+.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an assessment, development, and training source for job seekers, providing guidance and connections to training classes and resources that will accelerate development. Tracks progress.
- Serves as a referral source for “ready” jobseekers and presents them for Miami Community Ventures living- wage jobs. Serves as a referral source for “not ready” job seekers and connect them with the designated CareerSource South Florida (CSSFL) contact to assess and activate options.
- Serves as the Success Coach, delivering wrap-around services for job seekers who are hired under the Miami Community Ventures program. Resources will be assigned.
- Provides follow-up services to businesses to assess satisfaction with services received from the job seeker.
- Develop and manage On-the-Job Training (OJT) agreements with businesses in the assigned area.
- Track all placements and implement initiatives to increase placement outcomes.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Savvy working with diverse audiences – cultural, economic, etc.
- Case management structured
- Self-Motivated o
- Technology friendly and quick learner
Required Training and Experience:
- Case management experience
- Two (2) years of experience in workforce development or business (i.e., marketing, public relations, or economic development).
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Creole or English/Spanish) is a plus but not required.
- Must pass pre-employment screening/background check.
- Required to be Tier I certified within ten (10) business days of hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, marketing, human resources, or related field from an accredited college or university; preferred.
For more information click here.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@beaconcounil.com